Software Designed Exclusively For Equine Veterinary Hospitals and Clinics
HVMS software was designed to be flexible, configurable and adaptable for every aspect of equine veterinary practice management. HVMS is an advanced practice management platform with ability to run anything from a single clinic to a multi-state, multi-country hospital from one database. HVMS veterinary practice management software combines the required functionality of PIMS with advanced functionality that creates a superior platform technology for veterinarians.
HVMS allows for:
- Multi practice (ability to run separate businesses from one combined medical database)
- Multiple Profit Centers
- Multiple Cost Centers
- Multiple Locations
- Multiple Inventory Locations (Pharmacy, Cabinets, Vehicles, etc.)
- Multi-Discipline and cross discipline environments
- Multi-Currency capabilities
- Financials for independent business units and aggregate financial reporting
- Auto invoicing at time of service through sales plans and protocols
- Bi-directional integration with imaging and laboratory vendors
Bring your practice to the field with HVMS Tablet.
Access patient medical history, schedule and invoicing remotely, with remote and wireless connectivity.
Featured HVMS Modules
- Medical Records
- PACS/DICOM Integration
- Lab Integration
- Field Billing and Payment Collection
- Email Communication
With HVMS, invoices are automatically being built in the background during all treatments and procedures, ensuring all services and medications are properly billed to customers. Industry stats estimate that up to 20% of veterinarian professional services are not billed accurately. Eliminate this problem in your practice by using HVMS – increase practice net revenue, profitability and ROI.
- One-step billing can occur off of Worksheets, Treatment Plans, Medical Records, Inventory Locations without additional “clicks”
- HVMS users immediately see a reduction in lost billings
- Assign billings to the proper profit centers and departments as well as truly separate out professional services vs. drugs and materials
- A large variety of “styles” for generating invoices. HVMS supports anything from high detail to largely combined codes
- Completely integrated to HVMS reporting, and seamlessly streamlined with practice accounting (quickbooks, etc.)
Increase Your Profits with Profitability Accounting
HVMS enables veterinary hospitals and practices to move away from “gross based” accounting and operations, to a more appropriate focus on the actual profitability of procedures and medications.
HVMS clients see 5% to 20% profitability increases, and 5% to 10% gross billing ROI increases within a short period of time
Provides an entire suite of reports that allow you to better and more efficiently manage your practice, increasing profits and reducing costs.
- Intelligently handles discounting, inventory returns and credits
- Fully supports multiple practice entities, business centers, and regional locations to help implement unique costing, pricing, commission styles and reporting
- Generate detailed delinquency reports for the practice and for commissioned doctors
- Provide detailed financial reports each month for your partners and associates
- Easily handles changes and corrections to patient ownership
- Accounts receivable data can be downloaded into QuickBooks or other common accounting packages
HVMS Scheduler manages and organizes the daily practice worklist by managing and displaying appointments and tasks by doctor, by locations, by boarding facilities, and trainers.
- Users can schedule items as appointments, meetings, events and set reminders for these items
- Book specific medical equipment along with appointments enabling modality worklists
- Built-in instant messaging system
- With customized end-user color coding, users always know at a glance what’s going on with the practice
Inventory = Money
Astute managers of a veterinary hospitals and practices understand the importance of a solid inventory and costing system for the ability to analyze and manage inventory.
- Complete support for container sizes, brands, bar-codes, suppliers and purchase orders
- Drugs and other items automatically removed from inventory when used in procedures
- Configurable for multiple practices, multi locations
Medical Records – Facility Manager and Whiteboard
HVMS Worksheet Designers allows practices to build completely customized single-click exams, admittance forms, discharge sheets and more that are discipline specific. This allows for automatic generation of medical records histories, invoices and inventory transactions – dramatically improving the efficiencies of a practice.
- Quickly access detailed patient history and files during exams and procedures
- Automatically generate your invoices in the background during exams and procedures – reducing potential lost billing revenue
- Easily move your practice towards a truly paperless
- Centralize access to all your medical records with DICOM/PACS and Lab Integrations
Field Billing – Fast Data Entry Required
The HVMS field billing module was designed with speed and ease of entry in mind. If a veterinarian can walk up and down shed row without a point and click system, it CAN work.
- Point and click functionality for your most common treatments and professional services
- Pre-set products and quantities (optional) for single click accurate dosages.
- Totally configurable charge sheets for products/services. Have any number of specific sheets (i.e. Racetrack/Reproduction/General Field Billing), with their own customized interfaces, even allow doctors to have personalized quick sheets.
- Create medical record, extract inventory, add charge to invoice in that one single click.
How much money can your practice save by emailing treatment reports and client statements at time of service? Email to clients is a simple concept and a money maker.
- Email treatment reports and follow up care at time of service
- Emails statements and invoices rather than mail – a huge cost savings
- Enhance client communications and marketing capabilities
HVMS: Hardware and IT Requirements
HVMS utilizes an internal computer network and reliable internet connections to properly operate. A central computer server is required to store an SQL database, which all HVMS user computers, laptops and tablets will utilize to connect to for sending and retrieving information and data.
Updates: Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012 and 2012 R2 and Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 Pro are supported by HVMS. In addition, HVMS can now also be run on SQL 2012. Please contact us if you have any questions about HVMS hardware compatibility.
Server Hosted at Your Location
To maintain control over your practice’s server and data, you must utilize a server set up by your IT staff at your location. The minimum requirements for a server are:
Quad-Core Intel Xeon Processor, 2.5 GHz Or Better
8GB Ram (16 GB or Better Preferred)
Hardware RAID 5 or RAID 1+0 Hard Disk Array with minimum 400GB Usable Space
80GB Operating System Partition
150GB ‘Database’ Partition that has a cluster size of 64K (versus the default 4K). This partition will only be used for SQL Server Database storage (data file, log file, tempdb). Keeping the database partitioned ensures that the database files are not fragmented across the physical disks.
Final partition made up the remaining data and designated as a ‘Data’ partition. This is where the install files for HVMS will reside along with other general files and database backups.
It is highly recommended to have multiple RAID arrays for all SQL Server installations beyond a single array with multiple partitions, contact us for more details.
Windows Server 2012 R2 x64 Standard (5 cals)
SQL Server 2012 x64 Standard (5 cals) (32 Bit Versions Not Recomm * Note – We do not yet support SQL Server 2014.
Static IP Windows Network Setup With RDP Access to Server, VPN Access a Bonus
HVMS utilizes internet connections for for a number of features. For this reason, you must have high-speed, reliable internet connections for HVMS to operate properly.
Important Note: HVMS will not function properly through satellite internet connections. The time delay in information being transferred through satellite internet is too slow that if often results in database queries timing out. In particular, current satellite internet technology sees information upload rates that are about 1/10th the speed of download rates, much too slow for HVMS requirements.
Tablet Hardware Requirements
HVMS is available for use on mobile tablets, allowing you to bring the power of the software out into the field with you. The minimum hardware requirements for tablets are:
4GB Ram Minimum – 6 GB or more Recommended
Minimum 7200 RPM Drives @ 100GB+ (SSD Recommended)
Intel Core i5 2GHz+
SQL Server 2008 R2 Express, or SQL 2012 Express
* Note – We do not yet support SQL Server 2014.
Windows 7, 8 or 8.1, 10 (All Pro Versions)
(x64 Editions of Windows Highly Recommended)
HVMS: Network Requirements
HVMS utilizes an internal computer network and reliable internet connections to properly operate. The following is a minimum requirement for a successful HVMS Implementation:
100 Mbps Network Infrastructure (1 Gbps HIGHLY recommended)
Windows Domain Controller, DNS and Active Domain Roles Enabled
Workstations Joined to Domain
VPN Connectivity for Remote Locations